Bethan is an artist and environmental educator based in Brisbane, Australia. She is passionate about creating connection through nature journaling and is a gracious and generous host.
In June 2020, Bethan founded International Nature Journaling Week. In Bethan’s words, “The purpose of this week was to bring the world-wide community of nature journalers together to explore, share and celebrate our passion for nature.”
We discussed the following during our conversation:
- My career as a creative designer and how I use different tools to tell stories.
- The power of noticing nature around us.
- The mind-body connection.
- What it means to live an intentional life.
- How I stay consistent with my creative habits.
- Honoring a person, or species, by taking the time to draw them.
- Starting a YouTube channel as an introvert.
- The Wild Wonder Challenge and how it has stretched my thinking.
I invite you to learn more about Bethan at her website journalingwithnature.com. There, you will find links to over 100 inspiring interviews, resources, videos, and much more.
Much thanks to Bethan! I absolutely love listening to her Journaling with Nature podcast am honored to have had the opportunity to have this wonderful experience!